In addition to motivational and inspiring thoughts, I'm a fan of trivia and what some call "useless knowledge." In my humble opinion, no knowledge is useless, but regardless, below is a list of some interesting fun facts. And who knows, these pieces of information might just come in handy with your writing! Anyway, they are fun little tidbits!
- All swans in England are the property of the queen or king.
- Urban birds have developed a short, fast "rap style" of singing, different from their rural counterparts.
- In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her cheating adulterous husband but she may only do so with her bare hands.
- Adding a drop of olive oil and lemon juice to an ice cube then running it over your face gives you better results than some expensive skin care products.
- You will weigh less if you weigh yourself when the moon is full.
- Honeybees never sleep.
- Every day is about 55 billionths of a second longer than the day before it.
- Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
- Earthworms have five hearts.
- Fingerprints of koalas are similar (in pattern, shape and size) to the fingerprints of humans.
- If an Amish man has a beard, he is married.
- If a native Hawaiian woman places the flower on her right ear, she is available, (the bigger the flower, the more desperate).
- Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
- Fathers tend to determine the height of their child, mothers their weight.
- A "lost world" exists in the Indonesian jungle that is home to dozens of hitherto unknown animal and plant species.
- As of 2006, more than one in eight people in the United States showed signs of addiction to the internet.
Mmmm...2006 is nearly 4 years ago. I wonder how many people are currently addicted to the internet...or better yet to blogging. After searching for an answer to that, the best I could find was that it is "in the millions."